Successful completion of this qualification leads to exciting career opportunities in the makeup and cosmetics industry. Graduates from the Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics course are able to gain employment as:
• Retail Store Cosmetic Consultant
• Pharmacy Cosmetic Consultant
• Retail Cosmetic Assistant
• Cosmetic Advisor
• Make-up Artist
• Freelance Make-up Artist
• Salon Assistant
• Department Store Cosmetic Advisor
• Hairdressing Apprenticeship
Course Fees & Payment Options
Payment in Full $3,000 | Payment Plan $3,300
Payment in Full $3,000 ($1500 deposit upon enrolment and balance of $1500 to be paid at week 7 of the course via direct debit; please allow a $1.95 admin fee and $5.50 account set-up fee)
Payment Plan $3,300 ($500 deposit upon enrolment and balance paid by direct debit on a payment plan; 7 fortnightly instalments of $400;
please allow a $1.95 admin fee and $5.50 account set-up fee)
Government Funded course option available for Jobseekers (unemployed or underemployed) who hold a current Centrelink Health Care Card OR Pension Concession Card. Please contact for further information and course fee information. *Applicants must be 18 years of age or older to apply for this Government Funded course option.
Included in course fees: all products, equipment, learner guides required to complete this qualification unless mentioned under the Additional Fees section. Students are also supplied with a Make-up Brush Set.
Student Requirements & Additional Fees
• WA Academy uniform t-shirt to be worn with black professional pants and black enclosed shoes.
• General stationary and a padlock for use of the lockers.
• Mascara wands
• Students are required to supply models for all practical assessments to demonstrate their technical skills.
• The Training Package stipulates that all practical assessments must be performed on a variety of models.
• Models are also required to pay the model assessment fee charge as assessments must be performed on a paying client.
Study Mode & Additional Study/Training
Full time – 15 weeks on campus (4 days per week - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday)
Alternating Thursday work experience placement in a salon environment + Additional 1 day compulsory practical work experience (on-site at WA Academy in the reception/client salon area)
Course Start Dates
Please contact WA Academy on firstname.lastname@example.org
or 08 9356 2269 for the current course timetables
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, other than a minimum age requirement of 15 years of age.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment: As a requirement of the student entry procedure, students may have to undertake a Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment. This is assessed on a case-by-case scenario.
Further Study Pathways
SHB20121 Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics may also be utilised as a stepping stone to higher qualifications. Suggested higher qualifications include:
• SHB30221 Certificate III in Make-up
• SHB30121 Certificate III in Beauty Services
• SHB40121 Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
This is an Austudy approved course