RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Are you skilled in your industry of work?
Do you have extensive industry experience?
Require the qualification paperwork to prove it?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) could be the answer for you!
Your existing skills, knowledge and industry experience could help you obtain a recognised qualification, through an assessment process called Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). You could be granted a full or partial qualification which can save you valuable time and money, whilst enhancing your career prospects.
TAKE THE FIRST STEP TO HAVING YOUR SKILLS FORMALLY RECOGNISED
- Contact WA Academy
- Consider what evidence you may already have that demonstrates your skills and knowledge
- Talk to our RPL Assessors about matching your existing skills to your chosen qualification. The Assessor will work with you to identify the most appropriate evidence you would be required to provide.
- Apply for Recognition of Prior Learning.
- The RPL Assessor will make a decision on your application and will advise you of the outcome.
Undertaking an RPL process will help you to identify your current level of skills, knowledge and experience.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Contact WA Academy to find out more about the RPL process and if you are eligible so you can demonstrate your skills and knowledge.
Phone: (08) 9356 2269
Recognition of Prior Learning is a way in which an individual can have their current skills and knowledge assessed by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to see if they meet the current industry standards.
Recognition of Prior Learning assessments recognises your skills and knowledge, regardless of how, when or where your learning occurred.
Recognition of Prior Learning could provide you with a full or partial qualification. It could also be used to identify what training you may need to complete your full qualification.
Have you gained knowledge and skills through your work, life experiences, training or education? Even if you have never formally studied or trained in a particular area, you may be able to have your skills formally recognised.
The RPL process could suit you if you have:
- Industry work experience
- Prior formal training
- Skills and knowledge gained through employment in industry
- Short course/workshop and work-based learning
- Trade skills
- Paid or unpaid work experience
- Relevant life experience
Formal recognition of your skills could help you with:
- Improved job security
- Re-entry into the workforce
- Job promotion
- Career change
- Employment opportunities
- Improved career development
- Planning for your future training requirements
- Entry into a training course
- Certificates and/or qualifications
- Relevant formal qualifications
- Work samples
- Performance reviews and or work service reports
- References and/or reports from your manager or employer
- Professional industry references
- Client testimonials
- Job descriptions
- Photos or actual work samples
- In-house training/workshop or short-course