Successful completion of this qualification leads to exciting career opportunities in the nail and beauty industry. Graduates from the Certificate III in Nail Technology qualification are able to gain employment as:
• Freelance Nail Technician
• Nail Artist
• Spa Manicurist and Pedicurist
• Nail Specialist working in a salon
Course Fees & Payment Options
Payment in Full $3,500 | Payment Plan $3,700
Payment in Full $3,500 ($1500 deposit upon enrolment and balance of
$1,500 to be paid at week 12 and $500 to be paid at week 18 of the
course via direct debit; please allow a $1.95 admin fee and $5.50
account set-up fee)
Payment Plan $3,700 ($500 deposit upon enrolment and balance paid
by direct debit on a payment plan; 14 fortnightly instalments of $228.57;
please allow a $1.95 admin fee and $5.50 account set-up fee)
Included in course fees: all products, equipment, learner guides required
to complete this qualification unless mentioned under the Additional Fees
Student Requirements & Additional Fees
• WA Academy uniform t-shirt to be worn with black professional pants and black enclosed shoes.
• General stationary and a padlock for use of the lockers.
• Students are required to supply models for all practical assessments to demonstrate their technical skills.
• The Training Package stipulates that all practical assessments must be performed on a variety of models.
• Models are also required to pay the model assessment fee charge as assessments must be performed on a paying client.
Study Mode & Additional Study/Training
Part time – 28 weeks on campus (1 day per week)
Additional 1 day compulsory practical work experience (on-site at
WA Academy in the reception/client salon area.
Approximately 6 additional hours per week is to be completed offcampus
to complete prescribed reading of learner guides and workbook
activities, and to complete theory assessments consisting of knowledge
questions and assignment.
Course Start Dates
Please contact WA Academy on firstname.lastname@example.org
or 08 9356 2269 for the current course timetables
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, other than a minimum age requirement of 15 years of age.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment: As a requirement of the student entry procedure, students may have to undertake a Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment. This is assessed on a case-by-case scenario.
Further Study Pathways
SHB30321 Certificate III in Nail Technology may also be utilised as a stepping stone to higher qualifications. Suggested higher qualifications include:
• SHB30121 Certificate III in Beauty Services
• SHB40121 Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
• SHB50121 Diploma of Beauty Therapy