SHBBFAS006 Provide Specialised Facial Treatments delivers the skills and
knowledge required to provide specialised facial treatments incorporating
the use of ultrasonic, galvanic and direct current devices, as well as microdermabrasion treatments. This unit will teach you how to establish priorities with clients and apply knowledge of electrical machines and cosmetic products, and to design and provide treatments to address specific skin types and conditions.
What you will learn:
• Designing and recommending specialised facial treatment plans
• Designing and recommending micro-dermabrasion treatments
• Prepare for specialised facial treatments including micro-dermabrasion
• Cleansing skin using ultrasonic and direct current
• Remove minor skin blemishes and infuse serums
• Application of basic peels
• Selecting appropriate products
• Application of specialised products
• Aftercare advice, treatment and recommendations
• Health, hygiene and safety for therapist and client
This unit also includes the delivery of SHBXCCS005 Maintain health and wellbeing in a personal service setting and SHBBSKS009 Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments.
On successful completion you will receive a Statement of Attainment for SHBBFAS006 Provide specialised facial treatments, SHBXCCS005 Maintain health and wellbeing in a personal service setting and SHBBSKS009 Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments in partial completion of a SHB40121 Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy. This unit can be used as a stepping stone to a beauty therapy qualification.