SHBBFAS005 Provide Facial Treatments and Skin Care Recommendations delivers the skills and knowledge required to provide facial treatments and recommend appropriate skin care products. This unit will teach you how to establish client priorities during consultation and treatment, synthesise knowledge of cosmetic chemistry and nutrition, and to design and provide facial routines and advice on products and protection of facial skin.
What you will learn:
• Client consultation
• Contra-indications to facial treatments
• Skin analysis and diagnosis
• Designing and recommending facial treatment plans
• Prepare for facial treatments
• Providing facial treatments including cleansing, exfoliation, extractions, facial massage and application of specialised products
• Selecting appropriate products
• Aftercare advice, treatment and recommendations
• Health, hygiene and safety for therapist and client
This unit also includes the delivery of SHBBINF002 Maintain infection control standards. On successful completion you will receive a Statement of Attainment for SHBBFAS005 Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations & SHBBINF002 Maintain infection control standards in partial completion of a SHB40121 Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy. This unit can be used as a stepping stone to a beauty therapy qualification.