SHBBSPA007 Provide Stone Therapy Massages delivers the skills and knowledge required to provide full body massages with hot and cold stones. This unit will teach you how to establish priorities with clients, and to select pre-heated stones, design massage and provide a stone massage treatment.
What you will learn:
• Client consultation
• Contra-indications to stone therapy massage
• Designing and recommending stone therapy massage treatments
• Selection and application of hot and cold stones
• Provide body massage with hot stones and use cold stones as required
• Aftercare advice, treatment and recommendations
• Health, hygiene and safety for therapist and client
On successful completion you will receive a Statement of Attainment for SHBBSPA007 Provide stone therapy massages in partial completion of a SHB50121 Diploma of Beauty Therapy. This unit can be used as a stepping stone to a beauty therapy qualification.