Successful completion of this qualification leads to exciting career opportunities in the nail and beauty industry. Graduates from the Certificate III in Nail Technology qualification are able to gain employment as:
- Freelance Nail Technician
- Nail Artist
- Spa Manicurist and Pedicurist
- Nail Specialist working in a salon
Course Fees & Payment Options
Payment Plan $4,500 ($500 deposit upon enrolment and balance paid by direct debit on a payment plan; 7 fortnightly instalments of $571.42; please allow a $2.30 admin fee and $11.00 account set-up fee)
Government Funded course option available for Jobseekers (unemployed or underemployed) who hold a current Centrelink Health Care Card OR Pension Concession Card. Please contact for further information and course fee information.*Applicants must be 18 years of age or older to apply for this Government Funded course option.
Included in course fees: all products, equipment, learner guides required to complete this qualification unless mentioned under the Additional Fees section.
* If you are planning on enrolling and studying under the government funded option of this qualification please note the following:
Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Each year the Government of Western Australia Department of Training and Workforce Development issue the VET FEES AND CHARGES POLICY that Registered Training Organisations such as WA Academy are required to adhere to, if you are studying under the government funded option of this qualification.
Student Requirements & Additional Fees
• WA Academy uniform t-shirt to be worn with black professional pants and black enclosed shoes.
• General stationary and a padlock for use of the lockers.
• Students are required to supply models for all practical assessments to demonstrate their technical skills.
• The Training Package stipulates that all practical assessments must be performed on a variety of models.
• Models are also required to pay the model assessment fee charge as assessments must be performed on a paying client.
Study Mode & Additional Study/Training
Full time – 15 weeks on campus (3 days per week - Monday, Wednesday & Thursday)
Home study to be completed off campus on Tuesday & Friday to complete theory assessments consisting of knowledge questions and assignment.
Course Start Dates
Please contact WA Academy on email@example.com
or 08 9356 2269 for the current course timetables
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, other than a minimum age requirement of 15 years of age.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment: As a requirement of the student entry procedure, students may have to undertake a Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment. This is assessed on a case-by-case scenario.
Further Study Pathways
SHB30321 Certificate III in Nail Technology may also be utilised as a stepping stone to higher qualifications. Suggested higher qualifications include:
• SHB30121 Certificate III in Beauty Services
• SHB40121 Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
• SHB50121 Diploma of Beauty Therapy
This is an Austudy approved course