Enrolment Refund Policy
This policy applies to students and parents/guardians of students under the age of 18 enrolling in a course at WA Academy.
Please note: If paying by credit card a 2% surcharge applies and will be added at time of processing (online or offline) by WA Academy.
Fee for Service Refund Policy
- I acknowledge that on submitting the online enrolment form I become liable to pay the full amount, whether or not I attend all the classes or withdraw before the end of the course.
- Should I wish to withdraw prior to commencement, a cancellation fee of 25% of the total course fee will be charged.
- I should understand that delays in paying my fees may result in my exclusion from class.
- I understand that all my fees must be paid in full otherwise I will not be able to sit my final examinations, receive my results or receive my qualifications.
- Payments of more than 7 days overdue may incur a bookkeeping fee of $5.00 per week.
- I understand the college cannot accept responsibility for any accident, injury damage or loss of property through negligent and or inappropriate behaviour.
- I agree the college will calculate the final payment date and I will pay my fees in full by this date.
- I agree to indemnify the college in respect to all debt collection costs and commissions as a result of my fees becoming outstanding for a period of greater than 30 days.
- Deferments can only be granted on a case by case basis, application for deferments must be in writing and lodged in person or by email. Confirmation of deferment acceptance will be sent to you, otherwise the onus remains on the student to attend class. Deferment will only be granted for a maximum of 12 months in any case, and no exception can or will be made.
Apprenticeship & Traineeship Refund Policy
Should a student wish to withdraw from the WA Academy, withdrawal must be provided in written form to ensure that the student is eligible for appropriate refund see below details.
Requests for refunds must be made within 2 weeks of the students intended withdrawal date, unless otherwise stated.
A full refund only applies under the following conditions:
- If the qualification/module/unit of competency is cancelled or rescheduled to a time unsuitable to the student.
- If WA Academy are in a position that they are not able to accommodate the student in a placement.
A partial refund is available under the following conditions:
- The student withdraws within 4 weeks of commencement.
- The student withdraws prior to the delivery of 25% of the unit competency. Note: A partial refund consists of a return of 100% of course fee, 50% of resource fee.
A pro-rata refund is available if the student withdraws for reasons of personal circumstances that are beyond their control, namely:
- Serious Illness
- Other exceptional reasons at the discretion of the accounts officer. Note: In all of the above cases, relevant documentation is required, example medical certificate
While we appreciate that changes can occur in student’s lives, either financially or personally, no circumstances will constitute any loss of responsibility towards the good financial status of your enrolment.
By submitting the online enrolment form I acknowledge that I have read and understood the refund policy and that I am enrolling into a course at WA Academy.